Eight months have flew by in a flash!
It was only last May that I was graduating from UAlbany and getting ready to start my journey living and working in Spain, totally nerviosa (meaning excited -a false friend, not meaning nervous!) and wondering what was in store for me during this year as an Auxiliar de Conversación! All the anticipation of finding a place to live, meeting my coworkers and the children, making my list of top places to go while living in Europe and traveling as much as possible-and having Nickel come with me for the ride! It was all so exciting! Its been a grand year and full of experiences that I'll have with me for the rest of my life.
To be honest, though, this job is a hit or miss for most people-it all depends on the school you get and the responsibilities you are given and I definitely lucked out! And definitely got one of the best schools to work at in Málaga. Honestly. And the kids have been amazing! Telling them next week is to be my last week starts an uproar in the class of shouts, "No te vas, seño!!" "When are you coming back?" One kid was so surprised, "Why are you leaving just when we are improving?!" It breaks my heart to tell them that I have to go, but they all understand that I want to go home and see my family and friends. But I'll miss them terribly!
It's getting real now-my time is coming to an end and the search for a job in the States is already in progress.
Im sad to leave my life here and all the amazing people I've met that have welcomed me into their homes and families - I'll never forget how nice everyone was to me, and who were there for me during difficult times. Life isn't all fun and games just because you are living abroad. It has its up's and down's, the mundane routines of everyday life, you get lonely, you lose people back home, younger sibblings get older and friends find jobs and move into new places. Life doesn't stand still; and sometimes its hard to deal with things 3671 miles away and an ocean apart.
But, its been a great experience and I have taken a lot from it all.
Im sad to go but im also ready to be home.
Nooo :[ I'm sad to hear you're moving back, and I don't even know you! Well, I'm sure it'll be good to come back home, there's got to be tons of people really excited to see you. Best of luck with the transition and with finding a job!
ReplyDeleteOn a brighter note, it is hilarious that one of your kids actually said "Why are you leaving just when we are improving?!" I can just see their face, all scrunched up in confusion haha!
Girl you are going to have the time of your life here!!! It's such a different lifestyle, and you'll see how different things are run here in the schools! (complete 180!) But kids are still kids and they're adorable and especially the little ones: they get so attached! I'll really miss their happy little faces! Do you know where you'll be next fall?
ReplyDeleteI'll be in Madrid! Not sure what school yet, but I requested elementary school so hopefully I'll get that. Little kids are the absolute best!
Delete