Where did the time go?!!
It's gone by in a flash!!
While I'm super looking forward to going home and seeing everyone, and being in the comforts of my own city, and country; Where I know exactly where to do and find things/ luxuries I've missed this past year; there are things I know I will miss so much in NYC!
Things I am looking forward to::
- Picking up the best plain bagel toasted with vegetable creamcheese and a bottle of diet coke
- Finding a coil knitting needle holder for miscellaneous craft projects I become inspired to do randomly (but can't because I don't know the first place to look for that type of stuff!)
- Dropping by my nearest 24 hour store and grabbing a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce because I'm about to run out!
- Dryer fresh clothes
- Peeled shrimp
- Drinkable [delicious] tap water (doesn't get any better than NYC tap water! It's even better than the bottled stuff here)
- Seedless grapes
- Watching my favorite TV shows and stations (I've never watched so much Disney channel than I have here - in my lifeee!!!!)
- My mothers cooking
But there are definitely things I'm going to miss, a LOT, that I can't get in the Bronx:
- Random performances done in the city's biggest Plaza on a temporary stage; like the Paserela de Moda I came across the other day where elderly people were walking down the catwalk showing off the latest fashion!
- Watching a whole room of men and women coming together and dancing a choreographed Flamenco on cue with the music without ever having practiced together
- Long leisurely lunch / appreciating sitting down to eat
- Going out for a coffee as a social event and actually drinking [hot] coffee and everyone isn't asking for a to go cup because there isn't a rush
- I can count on my hand how many times it rained in Malaga this whole time.
- People aren't ashamed to come out and tell you how guapisima you are (and only say it when they mean it)
- All day and all night parties of excessive singing dancing and drinking to celebrate religious holidays
Oh Spain; we will meet again!
No comments:
Post a Comment