My journey in this unpredictable life as a New Yorker living on the southern coast of Spain

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

T-12 Days!

I can't believe that the summer has flown by and there are less than two weeks left until take off for our transcontinental flight to Spain, to begin our lives in Malaga!

I will say that preparing for leaving has been kinda stressful and pretty expensive.  The whole visa process was tedious and time consuming.  From redoing the FBI background check and getting it notarized and then Apostilled (which was a 2 month waiting game) to making sure all the paperwork and numbers matched up on every single paper.  The Visa appointment went pretty smooth - with only one minor hiccup which was amended within 48 hours. And now all that's left is to pack (which is easier said than done) and deal with everything that comes with moving to a new country when we get there!

I'm most looking forward to looking for an apartment.  I've already begun looking through the listings online on websites like www.enalquiler.com and www.idealista.com and sending out inquiries to make appointments for when we first arrive.  It's my first taste of the whole apartment hunting process in Spanish and I can't wait to see the places in person!

I'm excited and nervous about all the things we have to do once we get to Spain - find an apartment, get our Residency Number so we can open a bank account, figure out travel to and from work and weekend trips to other exotic places throughout Europe. Getting to know the school I'll be working at and the children. There's just so much I'm excited about! I can't believe it's almost time! One more day of work and then a whole lot of packing and economizing! Our airline only gives us one checked bag which cannot exceed 50lbs.  Now that's gonna be a process in itself, but I'm super looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment