My journey in this unpredictable life as a New Yorker living on the southern coast of Spain

Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Friday Friday - Gotta Get Down on Friday!

Today was a fabulously successful day! First day where I'm not dead from exhaustion from running around town all day and we really got stuff done!

We ticked off just about everything on our To Do List for getting acclimated into the apartment today. A very successful friday!

Aside from dealing with the issues with the gastos (getting the utilitites into our name) we all went to Benalmadena to visit our schools since Monday is our first day and despite having sent 3 e-mails to my school since receiving my nombramiento letter before I even arrived in Spain with no response whatsoever, I wanted to drop in just to make sure they still knew I was coming! haha

So I went to my school and met with my Bilingual Coordinators and sniffed my school.  It was awesome! I walked in and was greated with open arms! I think I met every single faculty member including the janitor lolol they were so excited that I was the Auxiliar for the year!

I'll be working with first, second and sixth graders in Science, PE with the little ones and English classes with the older ones. And my bilingual coordinator set me up with clases particulares with her kids on wednesdays and she says she'll feed me those days =] WOO extra cash and free food!

So now I'm not too nervous now about Monday!

Then-super exciting also-on our way back home [woah-sorta weird, calling it home! haha] we spotted a sign for Taco Bell in the Plaza right off the train stop so on a whim we decided to jump ship and head to Plaza Mayor in search of some TB. ((This is a big deal as the only taco bell in Spain for the longest time was in Madrid and earlier in the day we had been lamenting the absense of tb in Andalucia. But alas we found it!))
Lenny super moist for the Taco Bell in Plaza Mayor

And when we got back to Malaga Centro we made it in time to get to the InstaNet store and finally get some internet up in our apartment! For other/future auxiliares: in Malaga I'd recommend InstaNet Home with the student 9 month contract: 30 Euro startup fee and 35 Euros a month unlimited usage and so far (with 4 computers going) it's pretty dern quick! Perfect timeline for the program and very affordable for our Auxiliares monthly grant!
    A fabulous friday - and the evening festivities have yet to begin =]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment