My journey in this unpredictable life as a New Yorker living on the southern coast of Spain

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A new semester with big changes

My life crammed into one checked bag
and one carry on
I can hardly believe that I've been in Spain, living and working in Europe, for just about 4 months now! It seems like just a few weeks ago I was struggling to pack my one allotted 23kg suitcase with all I thought would be necessary for a year in the south of Spain.

And in a flash it's mid-January!
It's incredible how the time is flying here.

(And here I get a bit sappy...)

Me and Nick getting ready to go out for New Years
But now I am sad to have to say goodbye to my Nick; it is time for him to go back to the States and resume his real life. No more holiday for him. 

I am so incredibly sad to have to say goodbye to him until I return to the States in June, but I cherish every day that I've had with him these past few months living and traveling together; it's been like a fairy tale.

And I just keep reminding myself that in the span of forever, 5 months isn't really that long of a time. (lol a bit melodramatic; but give me a break I'm feeling emotional!)

 So this week I say goodbye to my love, but alas I won't be alone for long because 24 hours later one of my best childhood friends, Masha, is coming to visit me!
Me and Masha at my college graduation party

No comments:

Post a Comment